Downtown Santa Cruz, Cooper Street, Santa Cruz
The Monterey Bay Electric Vehicle Alliance in partnership with Ecology Action and the local Electric Auto Association Central Coast Chapter will be hosting Drive Electric Day – Monterey Bay on Saturday, September 14th from 12:00 pm to 5:00 pm, Downtown Santa Cruz: Pacific Ave. between Church and Locust Streets, Front St., and all of Cooper St.
We will have a large electric vehicle (EV) display area including a number of the most popular EVs on the market today. You’ll have a chance to talk with EV owners and local dealers about their experiences with driving electric. Plus, we’ll have FREE electric vehicle test drives and electric bike test rides! There will be also be some solar and other renewable and related booths.
We hope you will join us.
The event is a one-day celebration in our region to heighten awareness of today’s widespread availability of plug-in vehicles and highlight the benefits of all-electric and plug-in hybrid-electric cars, trucks, motorcycles, and more. We will have a large electric vehicle (EV) display area including a number of the most popular EVs on the market today.
Ecology Action will also be hosting electric vehicle test drives and electric bike test rides:
- Test Drive 8 models all in one location: Bolt, Leaf, Tesla S, Audi e-tron, Prius Prime, e-golf, BMW i3, Honda Clarity
- Test Ride e-bikes from Bicycle Trip, Spokesman, and Blix
- Drop-ins welcome or Pre-Sign Up for test drives at: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090a49afa82aabfc1-electric2
Check out the national organizers website for National Drive Electric Week to see details on events across the country. For questions about our Monterey Bay event please contact Sabrina Delk at (831) 234-0548 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a number of exciting activities this year including:
- Electric vehicle display where you will have the chance to take a look at all types of EV models and talk with local dealers and EV owners about their experiences.
- FREE Test Drives: Take a drive or two or three…talk with local experts and dealers, and compare between models. Test drive vehicles include the Tesla Model 3, BMW i3, Toyota Prius, Audi e-tron, Nissan Leaf, Chevy Volt and more to come.
- FREE Test Ride e-bikes: Test ride and compare the more popular ebike models. Local bike shops will be on site to answer all your questions.
- Talk with EV owners and experts about their experiences with driving electric.
- Talk with local solar companies, Sandbar Solar and Alterra Solar, about how to install home charging units and connect new or existing solar panels.
- Learn about the benefits, incentives, savings and trends of e-mobility including federal, state and local rebates.
Help make a difference by volunteering with us at this event. Sign up for volunteering at
Sign Up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090a49afa82aabfc1-national
Dealers Onsite with Display Cars and Test Drive Cars:
Nissan Gilroy, Ocean Honda, Victory Toyota, Chevy Watsonville, BMW of Monterey, Volkswagen Santa Cruz, and Audi
Plug-In to the Future:
According to the EPA, motor vehicles are responsible for nearly half of the toxic air pollutant emissions in the U.S. and account for 75% of carbon monoxide emissions. In Santa Cruz County, 47% of greenhouse gases are contributed by transportation. Plug-in electric vehicles (PEVs), which require no gasoline and have no tailpipe emissions, provide one critical way to significantly decrease air pollution thereby helping us address one of the most pressing environmental issues of our time: climate change. EVs also help to reduce our dependence on oil, create American jobs, and improve national security. For more information visit our Why Drive Clean page.
Plug-In to the future with us at National Drive Electric Day – Monterey Bay!