September 20, 2015 - September 20, 2015,
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm,
Capitola Mall, 1855 41st Ave, Capitola
MBEVA and the Electric Auto Association – Central Coast Chapter will be hosting National Drive Electric Day – Monterey Bay at on Sunday, September 20th from Noon-4pm. The event will take place in the parking lot of the Capitola Mall at 1855 41st Ave.
Visit our Events Page for more event details including event highlights and a list of our 2015 sponsors.
SPECIAL FEATURES HIGHLIGHT:
We have a number of exciting event highlights this year including:
- Activities for the whole family:This year’s event features some kid-centric activities that will be fun for the whole family. Learning to Discover, based at the Capitola Mall, will be offering opportunities for kids to build their own robotics. In addition, kids will have the opportunity to assemble a mini version of the world’s first solar powered family car! All parts, solar panels, tools and instructions will be provided. This will be first come first serve. Sign-up begins at Noon. Project starts at 12:30pm and the assembly project takes about 2 hours. There will be a finale race of the STELLA “Mini Solar Cars” at 3pm. This activity is most appropriate for ages 9-12 (Each student must be accompanied by an adult). This opportunity is made possible by Fused, an after-school program to inspire the next generation of innovators.
- Electric Bus: New Flyer will be bringing one of their electric buses for display and test rides! Get a glimpse into the (near) future of public transit
- Large electric vehicle display where you will have the chance to take a look at all types of EV models and talk with the owners about their experiences.
- Test Drive area: Ecology Action will be hosting a test drive section to provide you with the opportunity to get behind the wheel of some of the most popular electric vehicles on the market today! Take a drive or two or three, talk with local experts and dealers, and compare between models. Our list of available test drive vehicles will be posted shortly (we’ll also have an array of e-bikes to try!). What better way to see if an EV will fit your driving needs and lifestyle than by getting behind the wheel and seeing first hand.
- A free raffle where you will have the chance to win an electric vehicle charger from Clipper Creek!
With over 100 Drive Electric Events taking place across the Country as part of National Drive Electric Week, you won’t want to miss our premiere Monterey Bay Area event! For questions about our Monterey Bay event please contact Emily Glanville, Program Specialist, Ecology Action at (831) 515-1328 or firstname.lastname@example.org